NOTICE TO BATSWANA IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, CANADA, MEXICO, TRINIDAD & TOBAGO, BAHAMAS, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, HAITI, ANTIGUA & BARBUDA, BARBADOS, AND GRENADA.
Please be informed that the Embassy of Botswana in Washington D.C. continues to facilitate transit arrangements for Botswana citizens and returning residents who wish to travel back home through neighboring countries. The facilitation role is limited to provision of information, advise and support to Botswana citizens and returning residents. All costs of travel shall be borne by the travelers.
All travelers are reminded that COVID- 19 protocols remain in effect in Botswana and neighboring countries. Travelers transiting through neighboring countries are required to fully comply with these measures by among others securing the relevant travel permits. The travel permits through neighboring countries shall be applied for and should be secured prior to the trip back to Botswana. To ensure compliance with the COVID-19 protocols, please observe the following requirements:
1. All requests for a travel permit through neighboring countries shall be submitted to the Embassy at least 14 days before the date of travel.
2. All requests shall be accompanied by a notarized/certified copy of Omang, Passport and flight itinerary.
3. If you are travelling through Zambia, please note that all travelers are required to submit a negative SARS CoV-2 PCR test result. Further testing may be conducted at the airport for symptomatic travelers.
4. Botswana Missions in neighboring countries have negotiated rates for transportation from the Airport to the nearest Botswana Border. Designated Hotels are also available for those who need accommodation.
5. All travelers shall observe the mandatory 14-day quarantine upon arrival in Botswana.
The Embassy remains committed to safeguard the welfare of Batswana in the Diaspora through the provision of consular services and support. To that end, the Embassy wishes to encourage Batswana in the Diaspora to register with the Mission through our website www.botswanaembassy.org or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more enquiries on consular services, and including transit arrangements, please contact email@example.com.